- Fiction can be of any genre or style. We also accept flash fiction.
- Nonfiction covers a wide variety of subjects, and may include personal experience, current events, or issues in the public eye.
- Fiction and Creative Nonfiction should be no longer than 10,000 words. Flash fiction pieces should be no longer than 1,500 words, and up to 3 pieces per submission.
- We do not accept previously published works.
- We will accept simultaneous submissions, but please notify us if you’ve been accepted elsewhere.
- Please do not query until six months after your submission.
- Submit 15-30 pages of poetry with a $15 entry fee by May 15, 2020.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know if the chapbook is accepted elsewhere.
- Multiple submissions are also fine, but each chapbook must be submitted separately.
- It’s okay if individual poems have been previously published (or if they are accepted over the course of the contest), but the arrangement of poems must be an original work.
- Submissions are read blind, so please don’t include your name or other identifying information anywhere on the manuscript.
- An acknowledgements page is welcome but not required.
- Past or present students of Pittsburg State University and individuals directly connected to the judge are not eligible to submit.